You’ve got a lot going on and the last thing you want to be doing is spending an hour or more making dinner at night! Quick Meal Mondays is all about quick and easy recipes that can be put together in 30 minutes or less, but they are still crowd pleasers!! Some will be healthy, some will be decadent but all of them will be quick, easy and delicious!
If you want to submit a quick & delish recipe to share please email me at email@example.com. You will, of course, get credit on my blog for your meal!
This week’s recipe was submitted by Ann Horner. You can substitute the shrimp and mushrooms for whatever you like, but it’s fantastic just the way it is!
- 1 (8 ounce) package linguini pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 2/3 cup boiling water
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add linguini, and cook until tender, about 7 minutes. Drain.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms; cook and stir until tender. Transfer to a plate.
- In the same pan, melt 1/2 cup butter with the minced garlic. Stir in the cream cheese, breaking it up with a spoon as it melts. Stir in the parsley and basil. Simmer for 5 minutes. Mix in boiling water until sauce is smooth. Stir in cooked shrimp and mushrooms, and heat through.
- Toss linguini with shrimp sauce, and serve.
Enjoy and let me know if you made it and what you thought in the comments below!
Have a 30 min or under tasty recipe you want to share? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org!