You’ve got a lot going on and the last thing you want to be doing is spending an hour or more making dinner at night! Quick Meal Mondays is all about quick and easy recipes that can be put together in 30 minutes or less, but they are still crowd pleasers!! Some will be healthy, some will be decadent but all of them will be quick, easy and delicious!
If you want to submit a quick & delish recipe to share please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will, of course, get credit on my blog for your meal!
This week’s meal is good old spaghetti and meat sauce! The sauce is one that my husband and I created after a few different experiments. It’s really easy, very healthy and very tasty!
- 1 lb of ground turkey meat
- 1 small sweet onion (or 1/2 of a medium sized) – chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 – 28 oz can of diced tomatoes
- 1 – 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 – 6 oz can of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of Oregano
- 1 tablespoon of Basil
- 1 tablespoon of Thyme
- 1 tablespoon of Rosemary
- salt and pepper to taste
- whole wheat pasta of your choice (you can use the white stuff if you want to!)
- Put your pot of water (for the pasta) on the stove to boil. If you leave this until the sauce is done you lose about 10 minutes!
- Heat up a large frying pan with some olive oil in it and cook your onions and garlic until soft – about 5 minutes
- Add the turkey meat, mix together and cook until the meat is no longer pink
- Add can of diced tomatoes, tomato sauce and tomato paste (yes I use the whole can of paste, it’s really good for you and makes your sauce nice and thick!)
- Stir until evenly mixed. Add your herbs and salt and pepper to taste.
- Stir and you’re done! Tip: If you keep the sauce simmering on the stove for at least 10 minutes the flavors will really mix through the sauce and make it even more tasty.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions while the sauce is cooking.
- Serve with sauce on top of the pasta with a little Parmesan cheese.
Let me know if you made it and what you thought in the comments.
Have a 30 min or under tasty recipe you want to share? Email me at email@example.com!