You’ve got a lot going on and the last thing you want to be doing is spending an hour or more making dinner at night! Quick Meal Mondays is all about quick and easy recipes that can be put together in 30 minutes or less, but they are still crowd pleasers!! Some will be healthy, some will be decadent but all of them will be quick, easy and delicious!
If you want to submit a quick & delish recipe to share please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will, of course, get credit on my blog for your meal!
This week’s meal is for breakfast!!! A traditional “farmer’s breakfast” and it is delicious. There is a trick to it though – to keep this meal under 30 minutes you need to prepare the potatoes the night before. Here’s what I recommend – Make the potatoes a side dish for dinner the night before. Make more than you need. Then the next morning you just throw them in the mix and it’s a quick and delicious weekend breakfast! I wouldn’t attempt this one as you’re trying to get the kids out the door for school!
- 5 eggs
- 3 small to medium sized potatoes (should be about 2 cups when cooked and chopped) You can tailor the amount used to what you like – I like a good amount of potatoes!
- 4 slices of turkey bacon (can substitute for any kind you like)
- 1/2 cup shredded partially skim mozzarella cheese
- olive oil
- 2 tablespoons milk
- salt & pepper to taste
- salsa or hot sauce (optional)
- To save on time, prepare the potatoes the night before. Microwave potatoes until they are cooked (10-15 minutes, depending on the microwave), chop them into small bite sized pieces and pan fry in olive oil until they are a nice golden brown color. Add salt and pepper to season the potatoes.
- Cook four bacon slices until crisp. You can either pan fry them or microwave. Then chop or crumble the bacon into pieces.
- Beat eggs together with a fork, add milk to make fluffier eggs. Cook eggs in a pan (scramble style) until they are half cooked. They should be starting to take shape but still be runny. Combine eggs, potatoes and bacon, stir and cook until eggs are fully cooked. If you cook the eggs fully before combining they won’t mix together properly.
- Add cheese to the scramble, stir until it’s all mixed together and serve!
- You can add salsa or hot sauce on top for a delicious option.
WARNING: When I served this to my two year old for the first time she immediately yelled “I don’t like farmer’s breakfast!” Once I explained to her that it was eggs and bacon (two things she loves) I got her to take a bite…she ate it all up and asked for seconds! It doesn’t look pretty to kids, but they do like the taste if you can get them to try it. Don’t add too much pepper if you’re serving kids.
Let me know if you made it and what you thought in the comments.
Have a 30 min or under tasty recipe you want to share? Email me at email@example.com!